Yeah, de-/encoding a stream would have a lot of advantages but there is no
streaming en-/ decoder I would be aware of and for the application I'd intend
to use it for, it might be sufficient to de-/ encode a file in whole. Dependent
of the time and efforts for creation and maintenance of a stream encoder, it
might not fit into the time budget. (Apart from that, as of now, it gives a
nice demo application that just runs quickly in every browser, independently
from any platform and has nearly zero maintenance cost.)

-- Rillke