Hi all!

Pardon my complete ignorance about the current status on XML loading in Flash, but can anyone tell me why the Flash Player *freezes* (some milliseconds) when loading XML ? I knew there was an issue with Flash 5 (hence Branden's (and friends) FLEM), but I thought it was resolved with Flash MX (6), since the XML object was completely rewritten in C (instead of AS) Now, were are in-between MX 2004 and Flash 8, but that annoying *freeze* seems to be well alive...

Can anyone, please, share just some relevent info ?
Am I doing something wrong ??

var mXML:XML = new XML();
mXML.ignoreWhite = true;
mXML.load("test.xml");

or

var mXML:XML = new XML();
mXML.ignoreWhite = true;

var sVars:LoadVars = new LoadVars();
sVars.id = 1;

sVars.sendAndLoad(link, mXML, "POST"); // or "GET" ... whatever ....

both lead to *freeze* of the Player for some very short moment

Thanks
Cedric