So this becomes "Does anyone know of WMODE support in various browsers for Linux?" If so, then I just tried some quick searches with mixed results -- I found many incidental mentions, but no document which seems to answer "Which Linux browsers can buffer plugins offscreen?"

The Flash Release Notes usually all mention "linux" and "wmode", but not always together -- it's hard to find an appropriate citation in the Flash docs, either.

If your private correspondent included a link to his source info we might be able to search faster.

We do know that *some* of the overall audience will usually fail with such browser-specific features, but in this case I'm not able to quickly research how the minorities in various Linux configurations do.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Macromedia Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd