Do I need to reply to myself?
cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lieven
Cardoen
Sent: donderdag 3 november 2005 9:25
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] Preloading locally

I make lots of cd's (sometimes with frustration as result :-() and I was
wondering if it makes sense to preload swf's. I have like 14 swf-modules
that are used throughout the cd. Each module is an exercise-type.

Online it certainly makes sense to preload, but when all of the content
is on the user's harddisk (full installation), does it make sense then?
Flash will probably load the swf in the memory when needed, but if after
that another swf is loaded into the same movieclip, does the previous
swf stay in the memory or is it cleaned up (and is this the
responsibility of Flash or OS?).

Thx, Lieven Cardoen