It can be done offline for sure .
The easiest way would be to make the client save the slides as jpgs in a folder next to the flash projector in a consistent resolution from photoshop ,maybe with numbered names like slide_1,slide_2.(or you could use the flash8 file upload dialog to make the client get the paths easy if using a flash8 exe) . Store the paths in a list as array or object best ( or XML with DOM create nodes functions). Then you can make a drag and drop like backend interface to load all the slides resized as thumbnails from the list . And the client can reorder them and add comments to each .Then this interface generates via a loop a object (or XML source with a string,shich can be parsed into XML obj or XML object with the DOM if you want ) with all the order nad comments and paths . You store this obj or XML in a flash Local Shared Object and later for the presentation this obj or XML can be used in a interactive presentation or slideshow interface with loadmovie and transitions.

No need for Fla or zinc here.
Hope this helps

Andy

Kurt Dommermuth wrote:

Hi All,

On several occasions I have gotten the request from a client for a presentation done in flash as opposed to powerpoint.

The complications are:

1.  It is offline.
2. They want to add and/or remove slides themselves. (the slides would be created in photo shop as 1 static image)

I've done this in the past where I'd pass along the FLA knowing that someone on the client side had some experience that would enable them to edit XML.

I don't have that option this time.

what I need to do, I think, is develop a tool for the client to "upload" a slide (a png, or a jpg) and add a comment. - and then generate/or edit existing XML that would save the appropriate info to be used by the presentation.

I've frequently loaded, parsed and used XML for various things, but I've never edited it from flash.

From the manual it looks like this can be done. Can it be done offline? is it advisable? Is there a better way?

Would Zinc or some other third party tool be necessary?

thank you for any advice!

Kurt