Let the MC hold the state of the money and the dynamic text field reference it when needed since it doesn't persist.

In the MC declare the var:
var money:String;

Then set the dynamic text field's var to money

To make the change:
MC.money = "$100";
MC.gotoAndStop("remote");

JOR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Let's say you have a MC with 2 frame labels ("localPlayer" and "remotePlayer" for example) and then you have different movie clips inside that MC. Something like this:

      |local____|remote_______
ammo  |xxxxxxxxx|
life  |         |xxxxxxxxxxxxx
money |         |xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then you want to do something like this in your AS code (assuming you've previously stopped on "local"):

gotoAndStop("remote");
money.amount.text = "$100";

This wouldn't work because you have to wait one frame before you'd be able to access money but what's your prefered way of waiting one frame? Is there a real easy way to do it without putting AS code in your timeline and without using setInterval(..) to wait one frame?

I hope I've just missed something that's real easy in flash.

andreas