Try this.  Right click on the parent directory (or if it was the root
directory, click on the project) in the Navigator, Package Explorer, or
Flash Explorer (FDT only) pane and select Restore from Local History.  You
should be able to get it back like that.  For better protection and help
with versioning of code, you should try Subversion, CVS or VSS.

I hope that helps.

-Chris