Interesting idea... I don't have a method written, but the first thing I
would do is try blurring the image until it is one uniform color (perhaps
with a Transform Matrix), and then get the RGB of that color.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Weyert de
Boer
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 3:04 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] Detecting the dominating colour in a rectangle of
abitmap

I would like to ask if anyone already have some sort method that
calculates which colour in a rectangle is the dominating colou in a
BitmapData instance. Because I would like to detect if some area of the
image has a specific colour which is dominating - -for example black.
Does anyone already know of such a method?