Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. When I create the Hello object on the AS timeline, nothing is rendered to screen.

[CODE]

import com.bushidodeep.*;
var myHello:Hello = new Hello();

[/CODE]

[CODE]
/**
A Simple hello class
that assigns a custom
message to a text field
based upon time of day.
**/
class com.bushidodeep.Hello {
        private var width:Number;
        private var height:Number;
        private static var textFieldDepth:Number = 0;
        public static var message:String = "Hello It's Me";
        // Movie clip that will contain visual
        // elements of the hello.
        private var container_mc:MovieClip;
        //
       public function Hello(target:MovieClip) {
container_mc = target.createEmptyMovieClip ("messageDisplay", 1);
                container_mc.displayGreeting();
        }
        private function placeGreeting() {
        }
        private function displayGreeting() {
container_mc.createTextField("messageText", textFieldDepth, 200, 100, 250, 125);
                container_mc.messageText.text = "test";
                container_mc.messageText.border = true;

[/CODE]