From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of dc
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:34 AM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: [Flashcoders] setting a movieclips symbol

hiya -

would appreciate some help on basic AS movieclip coding.

I am trying to change the graphic that a movieclip displays, eg change
it to point to a different library symbol.

i cant find a method something like:
    movieClip.setSymbol( "symbolName" );

do i have to use movieClip.attach() to some kind of base item, then
destroy them (remove) them later and attach again something else to
switch to a new item?
Also, myself i have to keep track of this depth parameter? (this reminds
me of doing my own memory management in C decades ago).

I must be missing some basic function, this seems very convoluted.

Thanks!

/dc