Wow, these are two TERRIFIC apps - exactly the type of thing I was
looking for. Many thanks. I'll start a list - if anyone wants me to
send the final results, just send me an email.

Re: Meinte's question (which is a great one) - I don't really have a
good answer. I generally believe there's a small sweet-spot between
what dhtml/ajax does best, and what a true destop app (e.g., vc++)
does best, where Flash is the best option.

For me at least, it's hard to define a general rule (maybe you know it
when you see it) - but its when you need more custom UI controls or
complex interactivity than dhtml can provide, but not as much
horsepower as a desktop app provides. It's also key when you have a
large, dispersed user base, not much control over the desktop, and
plan frequent revisions and updates (all of which make an installed
desktop app too expensive or difficult to maintain).

Anway, thanks again to clark and stacey for showing this great work.

Cheers,
Matt