Have you tried loading them into movie clips instead of levels? I generally try staying away from levels when at all possible. Also, you can use the movie clip loader class to make the movie clip loads sequential, loading the next movie after the previous movie generates an onLoadInit event. Third, you can use setInterval to delay the initial load a little bit so that it is not loading during the initial startup of the projector exe.

Nathan
http://www.nathanderksen.com