From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Grant Cox
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 9:03 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] NetConnection Debugger not working in Flash 8?

I have just upgraded my workflow to Flash 8 and the latest MTASC today, and found that while my Remoting calls were working, nothing was printing in the NetConnection Debugger. After some debugging I have found that I cannot get anything to print to the NetConnection Debugger even from within the Flash 8 IDE, and this is with a clean reinstall of Flash 8 (no previous version of Flash installed) and the Remoting components. I have set the Flash 8 security settings to "Always Allow", and to trust anything in "C:\".

The follow code, when applied to the first frame of an empty movie with just the RemotingConnector Component on the stage, works in Flash 7, but does not work in Flash 8. The log messages work fine (and the remoting connection is created and works), but nothing appears in the NetConnection Debugger.

Can anyone see a problem with this, or even replicate the error?

Regards,
Grant Cox

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
import mx.remoting.Service;
import mx.services.Log;
import mx.remoting.debug.NetDebug;

NetDebug.initialize();

var myLogger:Log = new Log(Log.DEBUG, "logger1");
myLogger.onLog = function(message:String) {
   trace("NetConnection LOG: " + message);
};

var gatewayURL:String = "http://localhost/myproject/gateway.php";;
var userService:Service = new Service ( gatewayURL, myLogger, "Users", null, null );
trace("gateway at: " + gatewayURL + " user service: " + userService );
NetDebug.trace("testing testing testing");

stop();