>>The summary is that the speed problem usually has little to do with
>>the actual xml handling and more to do with how you are updating the
>>user interface,

I'm sorry, but I partially disagree with that statement based on my
experience.  Components can take some time to render, sure, but for me,
most of my XML data loading time woes stem from the time it takes the
player to load a large XML file.  If I am using something to parse into
objects, that takes even more time.  Once the data is loaded into a
variable/object/property in Flash, the time it takes to updating a
component is far less of a concern  - usually its lickity split.  If
you're not using components, its even faster.

Jason Merrill   |   E-Learning Solutions   |  icfconsulting.com

NOTICE:
This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or
confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of this e-mail by you
is prohibited.