To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] flv video encoding for flash 7

I used the flash 8 video encoding tool and set it for flash 7 high quality (700k) and the video is very pixelated, I've uploaded it here for review :

http://bluetubecom.web123.discountasp.net/clients/soapbox/videotest.html

the original quicktime is here :

http://bluetubecom.web123.discountasp.net/clients/soapbox/img/PortVideo/SBS_open_for_flash-test.mov

the flv version is really pixelated, not acceptable at all. Someone suggested using sorenson squeeze instead of the flash video encoder as it may produce better results but I'm pretty green on flash video.

The settings I used for that where :

Sorenson spark codec, frame rate same as source (29.xx), keyframe placement automatic, quality, custom, 1000 kilobits per sec, no video resize, audio mp3, 128kbs stereo.

Thanks
Grant.