Well, presuming you're speaking of on-line delivery, you're kind of at the
mercy of the browser on that one, as most browsers have a physicial limit
of 4 simultaneous connections (download streams), though I think some
versions on the Mac allow up to 7, such that any quantity of files greater
than that will simply have to wait their turns. The problem therein is
that the sum of all file sizes is not known until the last file has loaded
enough that the byte values can be retrieved, so that means that some
files have to load in their entirety before the sizes of others are even
known.

One way around that is to use a server-side script to feed the filesizes
of all files to be loaded to Flash in advance of the first file load, such
that the progress bar can be "constructed", in advance, to measure the
progress properly. But then again, if you do that, there's really no need
to load files quasi-simultaneously -- you can then simply load
sequentially.

--
Byron "Barn" Canfield