Hi Wouter,

Delegate.create() doesn't _call_ a function, it just creates a Function
variable for later use. Which is like a reference to a function.

By calling:
container_mc.onRelease = Delegate.create(this, startTimer);

You're saying, in effect "when onRelease is called, trigger the code in
startTimer".

By saying:
Delegate.create(this, startTimer);

in your doFade() function, you're just creating a function reference and not
storing the value anywhere - not doing anything with it.

What you actually want to do is to call the function, which you should be
able to do with:

this.startTimer();

or even

startTimer();