On Mar 2, 2006, at 9:58 AM, elibol wrote:

Our team has been aware of this situation. It's big trouble if it's to be sold to the highest bidder; ignorantly speaking, Microsoft should appear to
outstand the competition in financial strength.

Microsoft would probably find it cheaper to support the challenge of the patent. Maybe they'd be willing to donate the lawyer fees, since that seems to be about the only thing stopping this patent from getting blown out of the water. There doesn't seem to be any question that there is prior art, and the patent is bogus. I'm pretty confident Adobe could knock it down as well.

I'd like to see a single RIA the patent holder ever made.

Software patents really suck. Strictly conceptual ones even more so.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.