-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David
Mendels
Sent: March 14, 2006 11:10 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Flex2 Project Conversion

Hi,

I am from Adobe, let me give some perspective.

A) It is always risky to build on a beta.  I feel quite confident in
where we are and hitting our schedule, but I have to be realistic that
there is always some risk.  You need to judge your tolerence for risk.

B) There has been an API scrub between beta 1 and beta 2.  The results
are I think great--clarity and consistancy--but it will mean some
migration from Beta 1 to beta 2. Most beta 1 apps will require some
changes to run in beta 2.  That said, we don't expect to need to do this
again.  Beta 3 and final could require some changes in your code, but if
they do, it should be minor.  Again, we can't make guarantees and you
might have to make changes again before we ship.

C) The advantages of Flex 2 are (IMO) enourmous and very valuable
(performance, productivity, maintainability).  We aren't going to be
reachitecting the Player, framework, language, again for a long long
time.  If you can go straight to Flex 2/Player 8.5 that will save you
the effort at some point of migrating, but it does carry risk until we
ship.

I know this isn't a absolute answer, but I hope it helps,

David