-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Wendy
Richardson
Sent: 17 March 2006 14:06
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] File Exists - a better way?

I know I can find if a file I want to load exists by using "onload" with
"success", but there must be something more immediate.  Using  onload, I
can'd determine success answer untill the file is completely loaded
which is too long for my purposes.   Anyone have a hack for determining
if a file exists?

Thanks

Wendy