Hello--

I am trying to control a movie I load from a remote location. I've narrowed down my code to the smallest possible number of lines:

ld = new MovieClipLoader();
ld.loadClip(url, mcClip);

obj = new Object();
obj.onLoadComplete = function()
{
        mcClip.gotoAndStop (10);
}

ld.addListener(obj)

This code, placed in the actions panel of the root, works with the exception of the onLoadComplete function. The mcClip is simply an instance of a movie clip symbol (with no code) placed on the stage. The loaded movie is just a collection of frames, with no actions associated to it.

The really bizarre thing is that this works just fine if I run the code from inside Flash: the movie loads and then it jumps to frame 10, where it stops.

If I run the SWF inside the standalone player (or inside a browser plugin on Windows, but not on a Mac), the external movie loads but keeps looping and there seems to be no way to stop it.

I cannot make sense of this. I've tried searching through the list, but either this is so obviously wrong that nobody ever had the problem, or I just don't know what to search for :)

I'd appreciate any pointers!

Thanks,

Marco