Break it apart by process - login, registration, search, enter, edit, etc.
That will then break up the amount of information you are passing back and
forth - remoting would be ideal, but if you could still manage using a
drill down type of approach for retrievals - first you get the top level
info, someone clicks on it, it makes another call to get teh details of
that item.