Those "inverted commas" are called quotes. :)

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Stephen Ford
Sent:   Sun 3/26/2006 5:19 AM
To:     flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject:        [Flashcoders] RE: Classes and setInterval ... (Stephen Ford)

Thanks Stacey,

Yes it seems you need to pass in the parameter of 'this' before the function
name and time, although I couldn't find reference to this in any of the manuals
I looked in. Maybe they all just speak of AS1 and not class use of setInterval.

_nInt = setInterval(this, "myFunction", 100)  --- works in the class
nInt = setInterval(myFunction, 100) --- is how the manual describes the use of
setInterval

Also, note the use of inverted commas around the function name in the first
example above, they aren't required in a straight up .fla (non-class) like the
second example above.

Thanks again,
Stephen.