Well, there IS a workaround but you have to hack your swf using flasm and
set the timeout to some larger number.  This really is not recommended and
most people use this to actually decrease the timeout delay, not increase it
(because they're simultaneously increasing the recursion depth).

http://codeazur.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=260

http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=65371

http://www.powersdk.com/ted/2005/11/macromedia-please-add.php