when only setting _visible to flase., all other belongings are accessible, all properties methods if it is forinstance subClass of MovieClip.... if on frame where the MovieClip is not present, nothing of its property is accessible....
so big difference, visualy almost none, though

MW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kalle Thyselius, Inlovewith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] What's different between _alpha=0 and _visible =flase;

i have a related question

what is the difference between
- setting _visible = false on a clip
and
- structuring the flash movie so i go to a frame where that same
movieclip is removed.

see what i mean? i always have a pretty massice _root.content_mc with,
say,  intro_mc, section1_mc, section2_mc inside it.

i always set _visible = false on all the clips i'm not currently
using, but it's sometimes tempting to have multiple frames in
_root.content_mc, one frame for intro_mc, one for section1_mc etc. to
save cpu.

does anyone know the difference between _visible = false and going to
a frame that hasn't got the clip.

ps. i have noticed how
intro_mc._y = - 2000
together with
intro_mc._visible = false

often gives better performance when showing for instance section1_mc.

but probably attachMovie and removeMovieClip is the best way to go at
this problem, in order to get the best performance?

thanks,

kalle