I have to ask, now that I've gone out to see the active content center,
what's the active part?

I mean, is it the "send feedback" option?  I feel like a tard asking this,
but apparently it's not obvioius to me, and so, I'm guessing it's not
obvious to some others either.

One thing that's missing is a "last modified" date/time - how would I know
this is THE latest and greatest?

I sense that there's some peice of a puzzle I'm missing here - like a
workflow/tool I'm not using that would cause me to know for myself that this
was the latest and greatest info etc.

Thanks for your patience John,

JG

On 4/11/06, John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 4/10/06, John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>Related question: Do you see reasons why so much of this conversation
> >>about ActiveX changes in the Microsoft browser has avoided the source
> >>material on the Adobe site? Reporters are frequently getting the facts
> >>wrong ("ads won't play" etc), and on the lists there's sort of a
> >>goldrush to be handrolling other solutions. Any ideas I should consider
> >>here? Thanks.
>

> John Grden wrote:
> > What's cool about the blog entries is I can get to the author right away
> > with a comment or email and I usually have the benefit of other comments
> > which might not only clarify the blog's post, but actually offer another
> > reference.  That and I now have 5+ other people I can email about the
> post
> > and get help from them.
>
> Thanks, John, but I'm still confused... the Active Content Center hit
> tons of blogs before other news or approaches did. True, these blogs
> pointed to resources on a website, rather than containing a shorter set
> of resources themselves, but the Active Content Center was still
> discoverable through blogs, so it's hard for me to see that this is the
> key difference...?
>
> (I understand what you say about the dating of web pages, though, that's
> a peeve I've raised too.)
>

> Andrew Lucking wrote:
> > Good question. My perception is that this time around Adobe was slower
> > get *solutions* available. For whatever reasons it was only late last
> week
> > that I was able to point folks to some workaround samples from Adobe.
> With
> > the browser update already circulating as an optional download and
> rumours
> > of it being included in this week's security patch from MS maybe folks
> > started without Adobe's guidance?
>
> This is hard for me to understand too, because the Adobe Developer
> Center had the basic algorithms and examples up before anyone else
> started to do so. The material that was added this week was additional
> material, such as the hotfix to Flex 1.5 to change the way its templates
> handled OBJECT/EMBED.
>

> Bill Lane wrote:
> > I actually think that the problem was that Adobe was too quick to
> > respond.  They've had a solution up since the first round of worry hit
> > this forum.  But I think it was so long ago that most forgot about it.
> > Then when it hit the press again they didn't remind people firmly
> > enough.  They treated like the old news it was.  Rather than the new
> > news that most still think it is.
>
> Good point... by the time the newspapers had the scary articles we were
> probably already off the radar. This case was particularly dejavuful
> because Macromedia had similar material up on the website two years ago,
> when a stricter browser change was about to be deployed. I've gotten
> [...]

John Grden - Blitz