On Apr 17, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Jim Kremens wrote:

"Could you do something with javascript and css and ExternalInterface?

Something where a div of the QT player is hidden, and a javascript call
would supply the embed src param and turn the visibility of the div on or
something?"

You can definitely do that (I've done it) but I don't think that's
what he wants.  He wants the file to open in the standalone Quicktime
Player (right?).

I can't think of how to do that... sorry.

Jim Kremens

I definitely want it to open in standalone QT Player, not the plugin.

I think that solution could work, provided I can figure out how to call getURL without my page changing it's window location.

I've not done much javascript <-> flash communication so, I have no idea why calling getURL("javascript:something") changes the browser location. So odd.

I think I'll have to have the div there anyway, because the Player is opened through the "target" tag in the embed object. So, it's as if the quicktime movie is there, just not used inside the page.

Argh.

Jon Bradley
Animation / Interactive / Visual FX
Post Central, Inc.