David Rorex wrote:
On 5/4/06, Mars Spider - Upgrade Multimediale Srl <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jason Lutes wrote:
>> I'm experiencing some recursion limit problem with a large XML...
>>

> How are you currently reading in the XML -- what kind of code
structures,
> etc?
>
> What specifically is the recursion limit problem you're having? Are you
> getting an error message of some kind? Do you think it's a question of
the
> nesting depth for nodes in your XML document, or could it be the sheer
> quantity of nodes causing the problem?
>
> Reason for the questions: I could go into a lengthy explanation about
what
> I've done in the way of XML parsing, but I think it best to first find
out
> if my suggestions can actually apply.

i'm using a recursive function to parse the XML
and i'm getting an error about "256 limit of recursion" parsin a 1600
nodes XML with some childNodes...
The problem is function recursion for sure...

Splitting XML in two and than 'concat' the resulting parsed Array works
fine, but that's not the solution...

Are you saying the xml is 1600 levels deep?? that's a bit odd to me.
Otherwise, it might be your code which is the problem. Try using a for loop
instead of recursion for example.

-David R

Maybe i write wrong...
i'm not working with a 1600 depth XML....
is a 1600 'item' XML with an average depth of 5/6... not costant...

Mars Spider www.marsspider.net