oh my apologies, I really did not realize that you had to implement an
actual "player" and thus do all the AI. Actually had no clue about what this
game really looked like. I understand it a bit better now: The game plays
with 2 players, lines are not straight, new dots can be placed anywhere on
the line, one wins when its opponent cannot do a move.

Interestingly enough, the outcome is somehow deterministic: from Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprouts_(game)

[]"By enumerating all possible moves, one can show that the first player is
guaranteed a win in games involving three, four, or five spots. The second
player can always win a game started with one, two, or six spots.

At Bell Labs <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Labs> in
1990<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990>,
David
Applegate<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=David_Applegate&action=edit>,
Guy
Jacobson<http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Guy_Jacobson&action=edit>,
and Daniel Sleator <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Sleator> used a lot
of computer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer> power to push the
analysis out to eleven spots. They found that the first player has a winning
strategy when the number of spots divided by six leaves a remainder of
three, four, or five, and conjectured that this pattern continues beyond
eleven spots."[]
Regards,
B.