There are some .NET web services on http://www.xmethods.net/

What version of Flash are you using?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 10:35 AM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] .NET and XML Web services

I've been using XML in Flash for a while, just by loading in a physical
XML file from a server.  In my new job I have an ASP.NET coworker who
said they wouldn't be able to create a flat .xml file on the server for
me because of security restrictions, so he said he will be providing a
Web service - sending XML data directly to my Flash file.  I assume
Flash Remoting is the way to go: call an ASP page with Remoting and get
XML returned from it?  Or how does that work?  I have done some Remoting
before.  What is the best approach?

Is there any sample code anyone can send?  And is there any .NET XML web
service someone has out there publicly that I can try and connect to to
test this out?  Thanks!

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning and Organizational Effectiveness
Technology Solutions