ah, i think i am going to have to correct you mike.  a LocalConnection
is for allowint two swf's running in two separate windows on the same
machine to talk to each other.

On 5/30/06, Mike Britton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it would be possible to make a
connection between servers using LocalConnection.  You'd have to ensure your
client swf was assigned an id to "authenticate" their application to access
the data.  There would have to be a security model, in other words.

Once again I've never done this so take my advice with a grain of salt, but
I'm sure interesting things are possible if they are sophisticated enough to
drop a crossdomain.xml to give you the ability to distribute components that
interact with your data.

In this case I have to say Flash would make a compelling choice for your
idea.

Mike