I use getNextHighest and it has always worked fine.  I don't see why
it should be a problem - unless you change your depths in the middle
of the movie for some reason.

On 6/1/06, Kent Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
http://devqa.exnis.net/vanclarke.com/www/index.html

Go to News & PR/Fashion Shows and News & PR/Photo Gallery

The Fashion Shows page is using the FLV Playback from Flash 8, the
Photo Gallery is using thumbgallery from www.flashrelief.com

Perhaps foolishly, I have been developing this on a Mac with the
Flash 9 plugin installed, and these 2 components behave perfectly.
But it seems for anyone else they don't. I have since reinstalled
Flash Player 8 and I too get the flickering issue.

The pages above are external .swfs that are loaded into a parent swf
with .loadClip. I am guessing the problems I have are due to using
getNextHighestDepth() rather than the depthManager class, is that
right? Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to use it? I've done
some googling and found nothing :<