HI,

I had simmilar problems when using both the componants and the standard
getNextHighestDepth() on movieclips.
I reccomend using either getNextHighestDepth() and no componants or just the
DepthManager for everything.

Mike

On 01/06/06, Kent Humphrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I can understand perhaps that components get picky about getting
moved around, but I am loading these components in as part of a
normal .swf - surely that's ok?

There is no funky changing of depths going on, they get loaded in,
they then get removed when another one is loaded.

Can anyone confirm that this IS what happens when you use
getNextHighestDepth() with components instead of the depthManager class?