This is an old thread now from 5/19, but thanks for everyone's help here
on the list with this. I was able to get back to this aspect of the
project today (connecting Flash with a .NET webservice) and it's working
beautifully - I can get the data I need from a wsdl the .NET developer
made for me. Pretty cool.  Thanks for everyone's help (if you remember
who you are: Radley, Tom L., Muzak, Dave W., Jim R., j.c. - I think that
is everyone)

What happened:

I found out that since I am a new employee here, some of my web-browsing
capabilities had been temporarily blocked until I applied for allowance
- I didn't realize this at the time, since I was able to browse using
other employee's access on the same machine, but once that was done, I
was no longer fighting with the proxy server and the examples people
sent worked fine.  Then I just swapped out the URL to the new wsdl, as
well as the method name and results, and it worked with the wsdl we
rolled here.

Thanks again, I can now add something else to the old resume and brag to
the new boss.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning Technology Solutions