Yes I looked at oregano a while back, and was planning on using it but it falls into the same category as the other open source projects as having no financial obligation to support with problems that we may encounter. If i was going to develop a project for personal use I would probably use oregano however as this is for a business i think the boss' are looking for more
financial support and reassurance of as stable system.

For the reasons you mentionned, I, for myself, would have choosed Unity :
http://www.moock.org/unity/

my 2 cents.