Bieniasz, Myles wrote:

I know it's possible to build a flash client for XMPP based IM clients
and I had at one point seen the now defunct gtalkr.com  interface for
googletalk.  Does anyone have any experience creating a googletalk
client in flash or any useful resources regarding this?  Thanks in
advance for any help provided.

Sean Voisen wrote an open-source XMPP architecture for Flash a while back named XIFF. Jive Software's since picked it up and is currently hosting at:

        http://www.jivesoftware.org/xiff/

That'd probably be a good place to start looking.

Jim