no, but you could fake it by appending something to your requests, like so:

http://www.example.com/loadstuff.php?reqfrom=swf

On Jun 19, 2006, at 5:55 PM, Mike Lyda wrote:

I can use PHP ( echo($_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"]); ) to detect a request from the Flash IDE or from Central. Both show a user agent of "Shockwave Flash". However, when I open a standard Flash SWF in the web browser either embedded in an HTML page or just opening the SWF directly in the browser PHP
sees the user agent as the browser.

So is there a way to tell if a request to the server is coming from the Flash Player?