two things you can do to remedy this problem:

1.pay attention to the bandwitdth profiler when you test your movie.....it
sounds like the bulk of your movie is being loaded in the first frame. make
sure that the only thing on the timeline in the frame or frames where the
preloader works is the preloader. make sure classes are set to export in a
frame after the preloader. also if you have assets in the library set to
export for actionscript, by default, they load in the first frame. either
change that or store them off stage after the first couple of frames.

2. use a stub swf. you can make a very lightweight stub swf that contains
only the preloader and a blank movie clip in which to load your main movie.

On 6/22/06, Mike Boutin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey everyone,

Im creating a preloader and I notice that it doesnt start until about
90% done loading the file.  I believe this is because my ui components
are exported to the first frame.  I tried unchecking "export to first
frame" with no difference.  I also tried changing the actionscript
setting to export it to frame 2 rather than 1, but it is unavailable to
change (the field is disabled).  Am I missing something here? ;) Thanks!



Mike
_______________________________________________
Flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
To change your subscription options or search the archive:
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders

Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training
http://www.figleaf.com
http://training.figleaf.com




--
John Van Horn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
To change your subscription options or search the archive:
http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/mailman/listinfo/flashcoders

Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training
http://www.figleaf.com
http://training.figleaf.com

Reply via email to