Thanks for the information all.

The same goes for us ofcourse, if we knew ahead of time that the components
are required to be used in the framework we would have never bought them.
One could say it's wrong of us to assume they'll just work stand-alone but
if the author doesn't mention anything about the framework on his site we
just assume it'll work stand-alone and don't conflict with other components
or other frameworks.

Imo that should be requirement number one for a good component set anyway.

Maybe a scam is a harsh word since I'm sure the author put a lot of work in
the components but you don't just forget to mention such a "huge" detail by
accident.