Where flash fails = Text manipulation, CSS and HTML support.

Ajax isn't just XMLHttpRequest.. It's packaging XML/Markup with Javascript
and CSS while being asynchronous. XHTML and CSS are much more suited to
display and edit text than flash.

   Hhhmmm... I can't find a single true statement in the above.

AJAX stands for "asynchronous javascript and xml", and has absolutely nothing to do with presentation. It is the client-side of the transport layer, period. XHTML and CSS (neither of which have anything to do with AJAX) are simply not capable of using vectors for text, which is much more suited to display and edit text than HTML. Maybe what you mean is XHTML and CSS make it easier for you to work within your chosen CMS architecture?

I'm not trying to make you look foolish, it's just that overblown descriptions like that are what make "real" programmers delete the job posting without finishing the first paragraph.

ryanm