I disagree. I dont know the full demographic breakdown of the members of this list so I can't comment on the 'screaming majority', but even if there are 1 or 2 aussie coders interested in this I would consider it useful.

Andreas Rønning wrote:
I wish people wouldn't advertise local events on this list. The grand screaming majority here is nowhere near Sydney and probably won't be anytime soon.

- Andreas

Chris Velevitch wrote:
Tonight, Robin Hilliard of Rocketboots (www.rocketboots.com.au) will
talk about the lessons learnt from the world's largest Flex (1.5)
application. 6:30 pm for 7 pm start.

Details about the group, venue and program are available from
http://www.flashdev.org.au. Please also note, whilst the meetings and
the use of the club are free, the club does require us to purchase
beverages and/or snacks in exchange.

Please RSVP at http://www.flashdev.org.au/rsvp. There will be lucky
door prizes for those who rsvp.

(Put yourself on the http://www.frappr.com/flexdevelopers map)