Is your server sending the data with Content-Length set in the header or as Transfer-Encoding: Chunked? Flash up to version 8 in IE doesn't seem to play audio loaded using loadSound unless the header has Content-Length set. Flash 9 seems to work most of the time, but slows to a crawl if the file being loaded is big (say, bigger than 15 MB).
Alexis

David Saunders wrote:

I tried loading the flash player from several version of IE, the sound never starts. I can play the flash on the same computer in firefox or standalone.

But the problem is not that it not geting the data, but not startign to play
the stream.. I use the following code.

<-- code snip -->

this.createTextField("message_txt", this.getNextHighestDepth(),
10,10,300,22)
this.createTextField("status_txt", this.getNextHighestDepth(), 10, 50, 300,
40);
status_txt.autoSize = true;
status_txt.multiline = true;
status_txt.border = true;

_soundbuftime=3;

var globalsound = new Sound();
globalsound.loadSound("http://ss1.gotdns.org:8000/test",true);
globalsound.start(true);

var my_interval:Number;
my_interval = setInterval(checkProgress, 100, globalsound);
function checkProgress(the_sound:Sound):Void {
  var pct:Number = Math.round
(the_sound.getBytesLoaded()/the_sound.getBytesTotal()*100);
  var pos:Number = Math.round(the_sound.position/the_sound.duration*100);
  status_txt.text = the_sound.getBytesLoaded()+" of
"+the_sound.getBytesTotal()+" bytes ("+pct+"%)"+newline;
  status_txt.text += the_sound.position+" of "+the_sound.duration+"
milliseconds ("+pos+"%)"+newline;
}

stop();

<--- End code snip -->

The getBytesTotal and duration incresases, the getBtytesloaded and position stay at 0.. My obsevation says the flash is geting the mp3 stream, yet never
starting to play it?

I am a newbie at codeing flash and useing this project to learn what i can
:)