KISS is not inheritance over composition. KISS is the reverse. rule of thumb
always compose rather than extend so that it will be simple later on to
change things.

On 7/5/06, Meinte van't Kruis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"I draw my Countrys as movieclips without classes. Then create a
MovieClip with a Country class and put inside each movieClip
(Composition). Inside Country class, I have access to the parent
display object using the parent property and do something like an
Adapter pattern."

Ever heard of KISS ?

On 7/5/06, Marcos Neves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> AS3 is really mature now, what is excellent! But there´s no reason to
> didn´t support it.
> Let´s think from other point of view.
> Each sprite on the flash screen, is an instance of some class. Flash
> ide is locking together View+Behavior, so I can´t have two differents
> Views with the same behavior.
>
> With Jcarlos tip, I found two ways to workaround this. But it´s didn´t
> seens right to me.
>
> I draw my Countrys as movieclips without classes. Then create a
> MovieClip with a Country class and put inside each movieClip
> (Composition). Inside Country class, I have access to the parent
> display object using the parent property and do something like an
> Adapter pattern.
>
> The other solution would be put all my countrys inside a MovieClip
> called World, and use a World class to access each country and assign
> the behavior.
>
> I´ll will upload my .fla files so you can understand.
>
> On 7/5/06, Adrian Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm not sure this is really a 'feature' that is missing since the
> problem
> > really boils down to OOP theory. For example, it could be argued that
it
> is
> > incorrect for the country class to extend MovieClip since a country
*is
> not*
> > a MovieClip but, rather,  *uses* a MovieClip for display. By this
> rational,
> > it makes more sense to extend via composition - i.e. the country class
> > simply gets a reference to a MovieClip that represents it's visual
> > manifestation. This way, the same class is used for many MovieClips.
> >
> > If it was possible in AS2 and is no longer possible in AS3, I'd hope
> there
> > is a very good reason why and I'd hope that the reason has something
> do
> > with AS becoming a more mature language and doing things in a better
> way.
> >
> > Am I wrong?
> >
> > A.
> >
> > On 7/5/06, Marcos Neves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > You got the point. But this silly task wasn´t needed on flash 8.
> > > That´s the point.
> > > Should it be on flash 9? I don´t think so.
> > > Isn´t this the time to ask Adobe to include this feature? But I need
> > > help from others developers to show that this feature is essential.

> multiple
> > > problem

> the
> Auto
> with

> one
> update

> base
> Brazil,
> class

> > > Brought to you by Fig Leaf Software
> > > Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training
> > > http://www.figleaf.com
> [...]

j:pn
http://www.lennel.org