Before you start implementing pages, try out to load all the content into a simple masked MovieClip and check the performance.

Janosch

André Goliath schrieb:

Andy and Eric,

thanks for your responses :)

Unfortunatly you confirmed what I was afraid of ;)

cacheAsBitmap reveales the problem that the text fields look messy and get
crippled after scrolling or even editing.

A kind of "draw only if neccessary" would also be impossible to me since the
pane is a kind of editor,
and therefore I do not know what the user wants to see or edit. I would run
into scrolling issues too.

I guess I have to go with plan B 1/2:"Implement a pageing system" then,...

Thanks,

André