How about doing the MM method they use in their list box?

Make a single clip for each visible element.  Then, when you scroll, what
you're doing is swapping out the content in the movieclips...

0
1
2
3
4

You have those 5 clips right, so when you scroll down, 0 becomes what 1 was, 1
becomes when 2 was, etc.

1
2
3
4
5

That way, Flash is only drawing 5 clips, and you're just swapping data out.
This is how MM does it.  No smooth scrolling, but it's hardly noticeable, esp
considering the performance is great.

BLITZ | Steven Sacks - 310-551-0200 x209