Try something like this

http://www.cedesign.com/cefx/reviews/reviews1_avbros.html

~neo

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Guntur N.
Sarwohadi
Sent: 06 July 2006 03:15 AM
To: Flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] jigsaw puzzle piece algorithm

I'm working on a puzzle game in flash, much similar to jigsaw puzzles you
see in gameHouse or such casual game publisher. I'm having a hard time
trying to cut an image to make it as puzzle pieces in AS2. Currently I'm
doing it the hard way, cloning bitmapData image, and masking portions of the
image. Can you cut parts on an image using bitmapData methods? And does
anyone know how to create the infamous jigsaw pattern to it as well?

Many thanks,
Guntur N. Sarwohadi

Premier Authorized Adobe Consulting and Training http://www.figleaf.com