Thanks guys for the reply. Now I have a better understanding on how to
achieve the effect. Currently i'm planning to provide vector puzzle pieces
as mask templates first. Once that's done, I would try to start working on
dynamically drawing the puzzle nubs and cutouts.. I like the review Neo
handed. It explains a lot what Hans described... One question though,
whether the sides are drawn by code or provided as vectors, how would you
combine 4 of them to make it as a filled masked vector shape using drawing
api?

One other thing, the puzzle I'm doing would allow users to move puzzle
pieces and combine them by side references (like, piece A is always in the
left of piece B, while D is always below A, for example). Now I've manage to
make each piece move other pieces in one group as a whole (using onMouseMove
for the dragger and onEnterFrame by calculating distance with the dragger
for the 'dragee') but it seems unoptimized and often lags (which shifts
pieces location) if you move the mouse fast. It would look unsticky. Does
anyone have an idea for a better algorithm?

thx,
Guntur N. Sarwohadi

PS. Neo, hows the TGB Isometric Add-On doing? :p