www.imhosted.com

I´m hosting my websites with them for almost 2 years now and service quality
is very good as well as their support which is very fast and responsive. I
couldn´t recommend it more :)

Marcelo.

On 7/11/06, Phil Glatz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'd recommend www.dreamhost.net. I've been using them for a few
>years and they kick ass - you can do almost everything through their
>control panel with no hassle, but if you need human support, it's
>also good. I think some people at this list also use them and can
>share their opinions.

I wouldn't recommend them; in fact, I'm moving a site from there to
another host because of unreliability.  Check their status log from
the last week:
http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/

On July 1, they were without outgoing email for almost 24 hours.  We
had a lot of email delivery problems yesterday, so I emailed a
support ticket to them (they don't have phone support), and didn't
get a reply for over 24 hours.  I'm guessing they were unable to send
it.  There are other server and mail management problems reported
too. We're about to launch a site that requires fast email
confirmation upon registration, and I don't feel I can rely on
them.  Their support is usually pretty good, but I find it
unacceptable to wait over a day for a reply to a problem considered
mission critical.

And if you're wondering why they seem to get good reviews in a lot of
places, it may be related to their policy of paying people to refer
them.  I'm also pretty disappointed with most of the sites that
review web hosting, which are in many cases not impartial.

That said, I have had good luck recently with www.westhost.com --
fast turnaround on support questions *eail, phone, or chat) and easy
administration.