>> 1) You have total control over which glyphs are
>> included directly in the Flash IDE without having to
>> use a 3rd party tool like SWFmill.
> Completly opposite on this.
opposite to your opposite :)

I wanted to embed all japanese characters of a font, how do you do this with swfmill? I don't want to define them all in the glyphs attribute, but i also don't want to embed the whole font.

So my solution for this was:
1) embed the needed characters with Flash
2) decompile the generated swf with swfmill
3) changing the xml so it works as shared font library (adjusted the font name)
4) recompile with swfmill.

Greets,
Janosch

erixtekila schrieb:

The shared lib isn't loaded twice.
You just have to wait for a delay frame, in order to
use it.
That's all.

Actually I'm pretty sure it does load twice but I'd be
glad to hear that I'm wrong. Let me show you what I
mean.

Good observation, but wrong tools, IMHO.
I wouldn't want to rely too much on the bandwidth profiler to make good assumptions. But perhaps the behavior (that I have observed following your test) can perhaps only be for offline use ?

Following your line, I've hosted Zarate's file on a web server.
Requesting the files with firefox and livehttpheaders.
That don't give the same results as yours.
And I would preferably rely on those tools instead.

Here are an output of the session :
http://www.v-i-a.net/t/
GET /t/ HTTP/1.1
Host: www.v-i-a.net