It goes:

   * Movie
         o Component (extends UIComponent)
               + Scrollpane
                     # contents

The scrollpane is created by actionscript in Component's createChildren(). The contents, which is a symbol instance that has been assigned a Linkage identifier, is then plugged into the scrollpane.

I haven't created a masking layer over the scrollpane, as I have read that scrollpane is supposed to do it's own masking.

The scrollpane and it's contents are loaded and working; it shows up, and you can drag the sliders around and everything. It's just that I can still see the stuff that has scrolled out of the ScrollPane.

Steven Sacks | BLITZ wrote:
How is your movie built?  Is the scrollpane component in a loaded in
swf?  If so, you must have the scrollpane component in the library of
the root/loading swf.  Do you have the scrollpane embedded in another
component?  Do you have the scrollpane masked?